Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 20 - Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 20 - Tuesday, January 20, 2009 -
Inauguration Day could not get here soon enough for me. I've been waiting for this since 2000, when Bush was first elected. And today's inauguration of the 44th President of the United States of America is historical. Obviously, every presidential inauguration is historical, but today marks the first day that a person of color has occupied that office. I hesitate to say he is the first African-American president, although that's what the media has said (over and over). I agree with Jordyn, he's our first BIRACIAL president. Regardless of his skin color, I am thrilled with the hopefulness he has inspired in the American community and the respect he has already started to win in the global community. I was at work during the inauguration, but watched the events on the internet. Thanks CNN. GOBAMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment